[seek-dev] ecogrid meeting in Seattle

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 15 09:36:15 PDT 2003

EcoGrid enthusiasts,

A core group working on the EcoGrid held a meeting in Seattle to work
out some of the initial design and strategy for EcoGrid implementation.
  Participants in the meeting were:

   Arcot Rajasekar
   Matt Jones
   Dave Vieglais
   Peter McCartney
   James Brunt (via video conference)

The notes from the meeting are in the CVS repository under
seek/projects/ecogrid.

The goal that we set for ourselves was to produce a minimal but
functional EcoGrid by June 1, 2003 that allowed query and read
operations on Metacat, DiGIR, SRB, and Xanthoria nodes.  Towards that
end, we established a list of tasks (see the meeting notes) which I have
digested into Bugzilla. See:

http://bugzilla.ecoinformatics.org/buglist.cgi?product=SEEK&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

Here's a summary of the deadlines we are trying to meet, with those
people who volunteered to take a lead on them:

April 4
April 11  Design Diagrams (Dave and Raja)
April 18  WSDL (Dave)
           Registry instance operational (Jing and Matt)
           query + read, RSIDS schema and examples (Jing and Matt)
April 25
May 2
May 9     Wrapper implementations + test client(s)
                  (Dave, Matt, Jing, Peter, Raja)
May 16    (SEEK Technical WG meeting)
May 23
May 30    Hard deadline for implementation of Eco-GRID alpha 1 (all)

Let me know if you have any questions,

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara