[obs] Species occurrences in OBOE

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at nescent.org
Sat Nov 20 15:04:34 PST 2010

Specimen records and species occurrence records are probably most
typically transported in Darwin Core (DwC). Bob Morris and I are
wondering whether anyone has thought yet about wrapping such a DwC
record in an OBOE document.

The OBOE paper doesn't provide a treatment of this, and my
recollection from the TDWG Task Group meeting is that it hasn't been
thought through yet. Also, looking at OBOE, DwC terms might be used to
describe the Entity, but a direct wrapping does not seem obvious if
not impossible. That's not to say that a DwC occurrence (an
observation) couldn't be mapped to an equivalent OBOE document, but in
my recollection such a mapping has not been defined yet.

Can those who are more familiar with OBOE confirm this or provide
pointers to where this question is being dealt with?

	-hilmar