[kepler-users] Running Kepler from the commandline

Matthew Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 23 22:00:30 PDT 2008

Hi Niels,

Its probably a classpath problem that could be fixed by modifying the
shell script.  I'm not sure of the state of the script in the rc3
release.  We've had a lot of trouble with this, so Dan Crawl has been
working on refactoring the startup scripts for Kepler so that there is a
single shell script that can launch with or without a GUI.  This is
checked into the current development version of Kepler, can be found in
the nightly builds, and will be released with Kepler 1.0.0 within the
next few weeks.  I think you will find this new version of the scripts
substantially more robust and easier to work with.

Matt

niels hoffmann wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> We have a need to run Kepler without user interface. We basically want
> to call a workflow from a portlet.
> I've read the doco on the website that says you need to replace
> org.kepler.gui.KeplerApplication with
> ptolemy.actor.gui.MoMLSimpleApplication in the batch file.
> However, if I do that I get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.
> The other suggestion is to build using ant, but the build.xml doesn't
> seem to have a build_momlexecute target?
>
> Is the documentation on the website not up to date with the 1.0 rc3
> version and do I actually need to do something different or is something
> else the problem?
>
> Kind regards,
> Niels Hoffmann

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo