[kepler-dev] download actor from "kepler analytical component repository"

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 20 09:24:38 PDT 2008

Hi Eric,

If you look at the url that it's trying to download, it's using an lsid
resolver to get at the file
(http://kepler-project.org/authority/data?lsid=...).  It's possible that
you didn't install the lsid resolver when you installed metacat or it
may be pointing to our resolver instead.  Take a look at that url and
see what it's actually pointing to.  If you need to install the lsid
resolver, it's part of the ecogrid installation (see below).

As an alternate, if you want to eliminate the lsid resolver, you could
change the stylesheets (in the metacat/lib/style/skins/kepler dir) to
just use the metacat identifier for the file.  You've probably noticed
that the skin for our web repository is kinda ugly and doesn't really
work all that well.  We've been meaning to rewrite it for some time and
haven't had the staff time to do it.  Sorry it's such a mess.

If you want to install the lsid resolver, you'll need to get the ecogrid
repository from CVS (cvs co seek/projects/ecogrid).  In that repository,
you'll see a file called identifierService-INSTALL that should guide you
through installing the service.  Let us know if you have any questions.
  If you want to chat with us in real time about this, you can login to
our IRC server at irc.ecoinformatics.org and join the #kepler channel.

chad