[kepler-dev] question about kepler

dejw dejw at man.poznan.pl
Thu Jul 17 22:49:05 PDT 2008

Hi Tristan,

thanks for replay, we are now in the phase of requirements gathering and
later we will work on desired architecture. I can't say at the moment if
we are going to use web services at all. We have now quite nice frame
work with all kind of services (http://vinetoolkit.org/) and we will
think add another service to it.

Our target is possibility to run quite complicated kepler workflows on
different grids below and use different data storage management systems
to store all generated data, we need also very detailed info about every
step of execution of it.

If we have such service (we use spring for our services) then it is no
problem to make a web service from it later. So it would be actually
straight way to do it :) At the moment we have to get known the kepler
much better and gain some experience in it. So I think we will be in
touch then.

PS,

I saw the code of your replacement classes for some actors in python.
Would it be possible for you to write shortly about them in few
sentences? What every of it changes vs the original actors? I would be
grateful. (it's always good to hear such thing from the author of code ;)

Cheers,
Dawid