[kepler-dev] workflow execution id?

Paul Allen pea1 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 3 08:06:34 PDT 2008

I pondered the same question a while ago, in the context of remotely
executing workflows. Here's what I did when executing workflows
programmatically (not through the Kepler UI):

        MoMLParser parser = new MoMLParser();
        MoMLParser.setMoMLFilters(BackwardCompatibility.allFilters());
        MoMLParser.addMoMLFilter(new RemoveGraphicalClasses());
        URL url = new URL(<workflow URL>);
        CompositeActor toplevel = (CompositeActor) parser.parse(null, url);
        toplevel.setName(<some unique ID>);

Taking this approach, the unique ID becomes part of the the value for
any NamedObj in the workflow when you use NamedObj.getFullName().|

Hope this helps.