[kepler-dev] Building kepler & ptII in Eclipse

Matthew Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 26 09:34:32 PST 2008

Yes, you should be able to build from the HEAD.  Check your .classpath
file against the .classpath.default and be sure they match. If not, then
  copy .classpath.default onto your .classpath file and refresh, being
careful of course to not overwrite your local changes if any.  If you
still get compile errors, then we probably need to update
.classpath.default -- sometimes changes sneak in that we don't catch in
the Eclipse files.  One recent change has been in the IOPort* classes,
which were recently moved from Kepler's exp directory back into the
Ptolemy tree -- this means that the previous exclusions for these files
need to be removed from .classpath.  The updated .classpath.default
should reflect this. If you are getting class not found errors for
IOPort and related classes, this is probably the problem.

Matt

Paul Allen wrote:
> Quick question: Should I be able to build kepler and ptII from the HEAD
> of those CVS repositories at this point in time?
>
> I had been using Eclipse for development using a mid-Nov. version of
> those sources. Following the instructions in
> http://www.kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingEclipseForKeplerDevelopment
> worked like a charm to get things running in Eclipse.
>
> Just yesterday I updated both kepler and ptII from the HEAD of both CVS
> repositories. The only change I made to what I got from CVS was to replace
>
>     <classpathentry kind="lib"
> path="lib/jar/opendap/opendap-Not.A.Release.jar"/>
>
>     with
>
>     <classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/jar/opendap/opendap-0.0.8.jar"/>
>
>     in kepler/.classpath.default
>
> Most of the problems seem to be classes that are missing from the ptII
> HEAD. Anybody else experiencing this?
>
> Thanks,
> -Paul

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo