[kepler-dev] question about logging and monitoring

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 11 08:01:33 PDT 2007

Hi Ian,

org.kepler.actor.Logger is a sink to files. One can log into one file from
several places in the workflow but also can use more than one file using
this actor. Each instance can have a header string to distinguish among
the different places.

You can start from that to create a log4j like actor.

Note: The Logger actors (instances) close the files in the wrapup() method
but it seems that wrapup() may be called for actors in a composite before
the whole workflow finishes.

Regards
Norbert

      Norbert Podhorszki