[kepler-dev] Build Problems

Kenneth Evans evans at aps.anl.gov
Tue Oct 30 12:03:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

>> I've not tried building Kepler with a space in the path.

Oh.  Ok, I tried the whole thing another way.  I checked out using:

Select "Check out as a project in the workspace" (Don't use the wizard)
Uncheck "Use default workspace location"
Browse to somewhere that doesn't have spaces in the name.

The result of this is two projects:
  C:\Somewhere\kepler
  C:\Somewhere\ptII

These projects appear in my Eclipse workspace which is in "My Documents"
(where it has been happy for several years. ;-)  Neither has a .classpath,
Builders, or Java Build Path.  Perhaps this can be fixed later.  They should
be as would be checked out without using Eclipse.

I tried the ant build with the 4 targets, extra memory, KEPLER and PTII
defined, etc.  It got much further and actually started Kepler.  It then got
an exception.  The output is attached.  This is likely a problem you
probably know how to fix, so I'll send this now before hacking on it myself.

I can't make a launcher in Eclipse as these projects do not appear as
options for "Location:".  I could make an external launcher, but I would
rather see if we can get this scenario fixed up.  I can also use the target
run-dev, which is the part that failed.  Perhaps you can give me some
guidance.

Thanks,

        -Ken