[kepler-dev] Kepler on Solaris

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue May 29 11:06:03 PDT 2007

Hi Amanda,
    My name is Dan Higgins and I work at NCEAS at UC Santa Barbara. I
put together the Kepler installers that are on kepler-project.org and
the nightly build. I don't know of anyone running Kepler on Solaris.
However, the basic Kepler application is pure Java. It should then run
just fine on Solaris (and it does run on Windows, Mac OS X, and several
versions of Linux).
    There are a few actors that use OS specific jni routines, but not
having all the dynamic libraries on Solaris would only affect those
specific workflows that use those actors. Also, we are currently using
Java 1.5 (and there are a couple of minor problems with compiling the
Java code under Java 1.6).

Dan Higgins
NCEAS - UC Santa Barbara