[kepler-dev] Kepler on Solaris

Amanda Waite - SUN ISV-Engineering Amanda.Waite at Sun.COM
Tue May 29 11:09:28 PDT 2007

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the information. I'll try running the Linux bits on Solaris,
but what you say sounds really promising. I'll let the group know how I
get on. I'll also take a good look at the links that you referenced.

Thanks

Amanda

Christopher Brooks wrote:
> Hi Amanda,
>
> Kepler uses Ptolemy and the non-graphical part of Ptolemy is run as
> part of the Ptolemy nightly build every night on a Solaris 10 machine.
> I have not recently run Ptolemy via X11 from a Solaris box, though it
> should work.  I've probably run Kepler via X11 from a Solaris box in
> the past, though I don't specifically recall doing so.
>
> The Ptolemy project is always interested in contributions, see
> http://ptolemy/ptolemyII/ptIIfaq.htm#Contributions
> and the Ptolemy style guide at:
> http://ptolemy/ptolemyII/ptIIlatest/ptII/doc/coding/style.htm
>
> _Christopher
>
> Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
> Chess Executive Director                      US Mail: 337 Cory Hall #1774
> Programmer/Analyst Chess/Ptolemy/Trust        Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
> ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (office: 400A Cory)
> home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480
>

> --------
>
>     Hi there,
>
>     My name is Amanda Waite and I'm a Staff engineer working with Open
>     Source Communities here at Sun. We see Kepler as an important
>     application particular in the area of Grid Computing and we would really
>     like to make it available on Solaris 10 and on the Sun Grid. What I'm
>     looking to do initially is make sure that Kepler runs on Solaris 10
>     without problems, and as expected performance-wise. I'll can then make
>     it available on the Sun Grid at http://www.network.com. I'd then like to
>     work with the community and if possible putback the changes, if any,
>     that were made in the course of the port.
>
>     Does this sound ok? Does anyone already run Kepler on Solaris? I did
>     scan through the archives for the last year or so but didn't see any
>     references to Solaris.
>
>     Thanks
>
>     Amanda
>     --
>
>     Amanda Waite
>     ISV-Engineering Open Source, Sun Microsystems
>     Tel: +44 (0)1252 420693
>     Mobile: +44 (0)7802 175732

Amanda Waite
ISV-Engineering, Sun Microsystems