[kepler-dev] Changing icons for composite actors

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 18 10:46:48 PDT 2007

Hi Chad,

I may have not described my question fully. I know how to define icons for
Kepler actors that either have lsids (saved in kar) or are java
classes. The composite actors in the CPES workflows are neither "actors
saved in kar" nor classes. They are simply ad-hoc subworkflows. That is,
they have no lsids either.

For example, in the workflow there are unique (not too complex) composites
to hide some specific, control related operations. They have the default
green box representation of the TypedCompositeActor. I would like to
show them as control actors (there is such an existing icon).

However, if this requires to save them as kars and
define/register/cvs-commit them, I may quickly decide it is not worth to
do it.

I can see in the Tree view of the workflow, that each component has an
_svgIcon and _iconDescription parameters, obviously created and filled by
Kepler when loading the moml file. Is there any way to influence this
process to insert that icon name what I want, not the one which is
assigned to TypedCompositeActor? Through a special _... parameter inserted
by hand in the moml for example :-) ?

Thanks
Norbert