[kepler-dev] Getting Started with Kepler Guide

Deana D. Pennington dpennington at lternet.edu
Wed Apr 4 07:29:48 PDT 2007

Glen,

I plan to work on the tutorials and demos beginning in a week or so -- both
updating the ones we have and constructing new ones.  It would be great if I
could send them to you to "test" as I get them done.

Thanks,
Deana Pennington

Quoting Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com>:

> Kirsten,
>     The last of my questions had just been answered with bug entry
> 2809. From the reading of the bug, it seems that all of the problems I
>
> encountered are planned to work in future releases of the product.
>
>     With that said, I found the "Getting Started with Kepler Guide" to
>
> be very helpful. I did make approximately three pages of notes. My
> notes are very "nit-picky" and there are some other issues, like
> naming conventions, that there may be little you can do anything
> about. Unless I just copy and paste the very cryptic notes to you,
> I'll need to review them so they make more sense. Most of the issues I
>
> saw were very minor (like a stray period (full stop) on page 13, or
> the desktop graphic is now different than shown in the guide (at least
>
> on the Mac), etc.) I won't be able to review these notes and make
> something intelligible to send for several weeks.
>
>    So, I have two choices: Send the "chicken-scratch" I have, or wait
>
> a few more weeks until I can sit down and make this more legible.  I
> prefer the latter, but, if it helps, I can privately send you my
> "chicken-scratch" until I have time to look at this again. I'm sorry
> to be "hit-or-miss." It's that time of the semester when everything
> ramps up.
>
>     Please let me know which of these would be the most helpful to
> you.
>

> Warmest Regards,
>

> Glen Jarvis
> --
> 913-486-8775
> glen at glenjarvis.com
> http://www.glenjarvis.com
>
> "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi

Dr. Deana D. Pennington
Long-term Ecological Research Network Office

UNM Biology Department
MSC03  2020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001