[kepler-dev] Workflow tests

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed May 10 21:51:20 PDT 2006

Hi All,
    I just noted that 4 matlabExpressionUseCase workflows (1,2,3, and 4)
have been added to the test-workflows.lst file to be run in the nightly
build. However, none of these will work for several reasons. First of
all, we do not have Matlab on the server used for the nightly build.
Secondly, all 4 workflows have Display actors as outputs. These actors
open a window and the nightly build does not support any graphic
displays. All such test workflows should use something like the
NonstrictTest actor to test results.

    Also, the nightly build now uses the 'MoMLSimpleApplication' class
to run the test workflows. This class runs workflows without opening any
graphical displays.  There is an ant target called 'build_momlexecute'
(Windows) or 'build_momlexecute_sh' (Unix) that builds a script for
running this class from the command line. This script can be used to
test workflows to be added to the nightly build.

Dan Higgins - NCEAS