[kepler-dev] Custom actor deployment

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri May 12 10:14:23 PDT 2006

And also note that new class files are not moved using the KAR import
mechanism.  So if you want to move your actor to another Kepler instance
without compiling it there, you need to be sure that the .class files
get added to the classpath on that machine.  Then the Import KAR with
the additional metadata that Chad describes should work.  We have the
goal of including the .class files in the kar file, but because of
dependency problems we've decided that that is not tenable at the
current time.

Matt