[kepler-dev] Custom actor deployment

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon May 8 08:26:51 PDT 2006

Hi Siva,

Take a look in src/actors for an example of how to do this.
Essentially, each actor gets a directory with a moml file and a manifest
within it.  The manifest assigns ids and the moml file decribes your
actor.  When you run 'ant buildkarlib' ant goes through each of those
directories and jars (kars) up each actor.  The system then reads the
kar files that are put in kepler/kar/**.  To get your actor to show up
in the proper place in the tree, you will need to alter the
'semanticType' property in the moml file.  If you are creating new
actors, you will need a new lsid for each actor (which go in the
entityId property).  There is a readme with the last id number
available.  If you plan to check these actors into cvs, please update
the readme.

Let me know if you have any problems.

thanks,
chad