[kepler-dev] Global access of a value among all workflow actors?

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 2 15:38:50 PST 2006

Just to add to Norbert's comment on "collection-oriented workflows"
(Tim, Shawn, and myself currently working on this): the basic idea is
to avoid "control-flow induced" branching in workflows (which BTW also
often/always? breaks SDF as a possible MoC) in various ways. For
example, one can often linearize a workflow and have just "one
pipeline" by letting actors "pass through" information; an actor can
then still decide locally what info to work on.

This approach can be used to inject new parameter values in the main
data stream, then let downstream actors pick up the new params (if
they recognize them as being parameter update requests)

Bertram