[kepler-dev] Global access of a value among all workflow actors?

Zhijie Guan guan at sdsc.edu
Thu Mar 2 14:01:01 PST 2006

Hi, Nandita,

I faced the same problem when I developed the Authentication framework. I
heard at least three ways to solve it. I just list them here and you can
make your decision.

1) Ilkay told me that we can set some variables in the director, stored
the information in those variables after generation,  so any
actor in the workflow can access it. I did not try it.

2) I am not sure if the parameter of the workflow can be used to store the
info. But think any workflow as a compositActor. If you can access the
parameters in an actor, you should (theoretically) be able to access
"workflow parameters" in any actors of your workflow.

3) create a standalone, static class to store the info. I did this in
Authentication framework. Once you get a proxy from GAMA server, you save
it in the static instance of ProxyManager. When you need it, you just call
(indirectly) ProxyManager.getProxy() from anywhere in your actors.

Zhijie