[kepler-dev] The 'poor man's Kepler Repository'

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 2 13:14:57 PST 2006

I know that technically any complete workflow is a composite, but you
cannot select a workflow and use the 'Create Kar from actor menu (It
only seems to work with single actors).

And I agree that the arbitarary use of 'Create Composite Actor' is just
lumping things together, perhaps meaninglessly. But I do use it to
subdivide complex workflows into sets of Composites. But yes, some
thought is needed in applying this.

My point was just that one can use this to locally create kars from more
than on actor. And one need only get the workflow via URL to do this.
Frankly, I don't see a lot of advantage in downloading kars until we can
include data and java classes in the kars. [That doesn't mean we
shouldn't do it now in preparation for those capabilities.]

Dan

---

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195