[kepler-dev] The 'poor man's Kepler Repository'

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 2 13:31:04 PST 2006

Dan Higgins wrote:
 > Frankly, I don't see a lot of advantage in downloading kars until we
 > can  include data and java classes in the kars. [That doesn't mean we
 > shouldn't do it now in preparation for those capabilities.]

I agree -- we aren't going to get major benefits other than possibly
better organization/packaging (e.g., as you have done on the R in
Kepler webpage, which I think is nice -- ), and also maybe making it
easier for folks to incorporate multiple actors at once.  We won't see
major benefits though until we can decouple and support external java
actor classes.

-shawn