[kepler-dev] The 'poor man's Kepler Repository'

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 2 13:01:37 PST 2006

Dan Higgins wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
>    I am not sure I see a lot of cases where one would want to move an
> entire workflow to the actor library (and one cannot do that directly
> right now even from a local workflow).

Do you distinguish composite actors and workflows? If not, I think there
are a number of reasons why someone would want to do this. Also, I
believe Chad has an initial version of this working, i.e., the ability
to add composites.

> But if you wanted to (or just
> want to add some collection of actors to the library), you can select
> the set of actors (including the entire workflow), then select
> 'Tools/Create Composite Actor' and combine the contents of the selection
> into a single composite. The composite can then be put into the library.

Doing this sounds more like lumping things together as opposed to having
a functional unit (composite) ...

-shawn