[kepler-dev] Creating kar files

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 29 10:13:42 PDT 2006

Hi,

I changed the functionality of the "Save in library", which no longer
builds a Kar file. Prior to changing the functionality, "Save in library"
was being used for both "export kar" (to a local file) as well as saving
the kar to the library.  Now, this operation only saves to the library,
and so no longer needs to create a kar file.  Kar file creation should now
be performed through "Export as Kar", as per Laura et al's redesign --
which I am not sure exists within the menu's at this time (and if
not, we need to implement it.)  Export kar is simply a file save
operation, however, the file being saved is a generated kar.

I didn't contribute to the "Upload to repository" operation -- so I'm not
sure why it doesn't work.  I do recall Chad saying that the repository was
"temporary" (i.e., the location to where the actors are stored), and so
that might be one of the causes.  Chad would be the one to ask here ...

-shawn