[kepler-dev] ptolemy and kepler in eclipse

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Tue Jan 24 17:36:34 PST 2006

Tristan,

If you just want a quick look to see what kepler can do currently, I
suggest you grab the Alpha8 release binary and run that.  But if you
really want to dig through with Eclipse, then I have some suggestions.

The error with DataCacheViewer is only in the CVS copy.  The backend of
DataCacheViewer has had a major api change and in the build.xml files,
DataCacheViewer.java is excluded from the build.  Similarly there is
some code in the scia tree which does not build and is also excluded.

There are some (dated) instructions here
http://www.kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingEclipseForKeplerDevelopment
which might get you further along.

Also attached are .project and .classpath files which work for me.  I
don't think you should just copy them into your workspace but rather
examine them to see what settings might be useful.  In particular look
carefully at the classpath since it is a little touchy.

Good luck.

Kevin