[kepler-dev] GlobusProxy actor

Zhijie Guan guan at sdsc.edu
Tue Feb 28 11:43:37 PST 2006

Hi, Norbert,

Unfortunately Kepler authentication framework retrieves the proxy through
the web portal with user name and password. I don't think it is safe to
talk with a MyProxy on the remote site and get the proxy. I guess in that
case, you may also need an account on the server MyProxy residents to run
those commands.

One possible way to work around this is to build up a MyProxy server on
your machine. Currently GEON project has a GAMA server (and Myproxy store,
I assume). If you don't want to setup your own Myproxy, you may want to
talk with GEON's administrator to add your certificate in. I would like to
help you build an actor (or a small workflow) to talk with the Myproxy,
and retrieve proxy from it.

Of course you can always use grid-proxy-init to get proxy on your machine.
I would also like to help you build a small workflow to run those commands
and get the proxy into your workflow.

Let me know what you prefer.

Zhijie