[kepler-dev] Datasource changes

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Fri Feb 3 14:25:46 PST 2006

Kevin Ruland wrote:
> Dan Higgins wrote:
>
>> Kevin,
>>    Nice job on changing the EML2DataSource to use initialize to wait
>> for data to be loaded. Now, if I click on 'Run' before data is
>> finished loading, the workflows will just wait (inside 'initialize')
>> until data is ready, rather than throwing an error. (at least the ones
>> I looked at did when run from within Vergil).
>>

> thanks.  I guess from the paragraph below that it almost works.  BTW - I
> have committed essentially this code.  But now the line numbers have
> changed.  I'll run ptexecute and see what I get.

Well I found it.  The problem is there is no wait for the metadata to
finish loading.  I knew this *could* be a potential problem, but didn't
really expect it to happen.  Alas, with threads, you just never know.
I'll either fix it today, or by Monday.

Also, I fixed the DarwinCoreDataSource code too.  I'll try those.

Kevin