[kepler-dev] repeated problems with cvs checkout

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 22 08:34:22 PDT 2006

>>> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 05:34:27 -0700
>>> "Christopher Brooks" <cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
CB>
CB> Hi Bertram,
CB> I'm not getting that under Windows or Solaris.

hmm.. I can reliable reproduce it :-(

CB> Usually that means that there is already a file present.

yep, I've heard that also before. Seems not to be the case here
though..

CB> I've seen Windows barf if a filename differs only in case.
CB> This is because Windows is case insensitive, case preserving.
CB> If someone checks in a file Foo.java and then renames it foo.java,
CB> then cvs has problems under Windows.

yep -- not a good naming convention when wokring w/ windows, unfortunately..

CB> However, I don't think this is happening here.
CB> Perhaps try deleting the entire directories where the problem is
CB> happening?

I did that already. Maybe I should try to axe everything .. but I
recall having had that problem earlier.. maybe it's my cvs client?
(tortoise?)

Bertram