[kepler-dev] repeated problems with cvs checkout

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Aug 19 05:34:27 PDT 2006

Hi Bertram,

I'm not getting that under Windows or Solaris.

Usually that means that there is already a file present.

I've seen Windows barf if a filename differs only in case.
This is because Windows is case insensitive, case preserving.
If someone checks in a file Foo.java and then renames it foo.java,
then cvs has problems under Windows.

However, I don't think this is happening here.
Perhaps try deleting the entire directories where the problem is
happening?

_Christopher

--------

    I keep getting these errors at checkout (and I think Dan replied to
    this earlier):

    Once I delete the "conflicting" files, the checkout works fine.
    The subsequent checkout (update) then reproduces the error..

    what is going on? (and how can we eliminate that?)

    thanks!

    Bertram

        cvs update: move away src/edu/sdsc/nbcr/opal/MastOpalInput.java; it is
   in the way
        C src/edu/sdsc/nbcr/opal/MastOpalInput.java
        cvs update: move away src/edu/sdsc/nbcr/opal/MemeOpalInput.java; it is
   in the way
        C src/edu/sdsc/nbcr/opal/MemeOpalInput.java
        cvs update: move away src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/ConfigXML.java; it i
   s in the way
        C src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/ConfigXML.java
        cvs update: move away src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/exception/ElementNot
   FoundException.java; it is in the way
        C src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/exception/ElementNotFoundException.java
        cvs update: move away src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/exception/IndexTooLa
   rgeException.java; it is in the way
        C src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/exception/IndexTooLargeException.java