[kepler-dev] Reg. ptolemy Jar files

Sivagowri Swaminathan sivagowri at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 18:05:58 PDT 2006

Hi christopher

Thanks for guiding me through the setup. As advised by you I downloaded the ant s/w from apache and built the ptolemy jar files.
I got the both the ptolemy.jar as well as ptolemy_doc.jar. That was a great relief for me.

I started to now configure kepler and it built fine. Now I needed to run kepler but according to the documentation found in the foll URL,

http://www.kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UsingEclipseForKeplerDevelopment

I could not build/generate the kar files.
I got the following error:
C:\kep\kepler\build.xml:826: Manifest file: C:\kep\kepler\src\actors\ClustalW\MANIFEST.MF does not exist.

As such, the manifest file does not exist in tht folder C:\kep\kepler\src\actors\ClustalW\ , even though I got a fresh checkout of kepler files from cvs today.

where do I get the manifest file from?

Then I tried to run kepler fom eclipse w/o bothering about the kar files.
I got an error saying it could not parse the commandline argument I listed. i.e. "-kepler"

I have listed "-kepler" as arguments for running the vergilapplication as well as other VM arguments as given in the above URL.
I have herewith attached the stacktrace along with this email.

can you please help me?

Thanx
Siva

> To: sivagowri at hotmail.com
> CC: kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org
> From: cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: [kepler-dev] Reg. ptolemy Jar files
> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:20:10 -0700
>
> Hi Sivagowri,
> Kepler does not use ptolemy.backtrack, so that can be excluded.
> A Ptolemy developer is actively developing in ptolemy.backtrack,
> so we are seeing a few errors.  I'll take a look at the backtrack
> problem.
>
> The fastest way to get started with Kepler is to grab a snapshot.
> The second fastest way is to install ant and then follow the
> instructions in kepler/INSTALL.  This builds a subset of Ptolemy
> and Kepler.  If you go with this way and find bugs in INSTALL,
> please let us know.  I think the problem you are seeing is that
> either you have not installed ant from
>      http://ant.apache.org/
> or it is not in your path or $ANT_HOME is not set.
> Your path should include $ANT_HOME/bin
>
> The third fastest way is to set up Eclipse.
>
> Briefly answering your questions:
> ptolemy.jar is the Kepler specific ptolemy jar file.  It should be
> renamed ptcore.jar or ptkepler.jar or something.  ptolemy.jar is
> usually built by running (cd $KEPLER; ant ptolemy).
>
> I'll take a look at why configure is crapping out with Java3D.
>
> Gotta run.
> _Christopher
> --------

It’s the future of Hotmail: Try Windows Live Mail beta
http://www2.imagine-msn.com/minisites/mail/Default.aspx?locale=en-us