[kepler-dev] Problems for closing unchanged workflows

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 11 16:40:55 PDT 2006

I think I know why this is happening (and may be indirectly to blame :-)

As part of the new svg rendering, it is necessary to update/redraw the
workflow canvas, which I do by issuing an empty ChangeRequest to get the
canvas to update itself.

However, I think the listener that monitors changes must be treating
this change request is an actual change (even though it is empty) - so
it thinks the WF has been changed.

So... we need to either come up with a way of updating/redrawing the
canvas without using empty change requests (which, I believe Christopher
and Edward said wasn't a good way to do it anyway), or we need to alter
the listener so it doesn't count an empty change request as an actual
change. Or both.

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu