[kepler-dev] [Ptolemy] Ptolemy CVS Repository moving

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 26 14:53:13 PDT 2005

For Eclipse, try using extssh, not ext

I think ext is ssh v1.  source.eecs does not do ssh v1 because ssh v1
is less secure than v2.  The eclipse instructions in
doc/coding/eclipse.htm say to use extssh.

The confusing thing is that I think "extssh" is an Eclipse extension
that means use an external version of ssh.  "extssh" will not work
with the regular cygwin version of cvs though.
In Eclipse, "ext" means use the internal Eclipse ssh v1
implementation.

For Eclipse, you could adapt the script I sent around to do the
following substitution:

   sed 's/ext:/extssh:/g'  \$file > ptcvsfix.tmp

I'm not sure if running cvs update from within Cygwin on an eclipse
tree will work very well.

There could be other problems with your account in source.eecs.
Try running
    ssh source.eecs.berkeley.edu cvs -v

I get:
cxh at maury 48% ssh source.eecs.berkeley.edu cvs -v

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.20 (client/server)

Senior active maintainers include Larry Jones, Derek R. Price,
and Mark D. Baushke.  Please see the AUTHORS and README files from the CVS
distribution kit for a complete list of contributors and copyrights.

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

Let me know how it goes.

_Christopher

--------

    I followed the instruction and changed the CVSROOT value by running the
    script under Cygwin. After a "refresh" of the project in Eclipse,
    ":ext:source.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs" is added to the list of CVS
    repositories.

    When I tried to synchronize the tree in Eclipse, I got the following error
    message.
    Problems reported while synchronizing CVS Workspace. 0 of 1 resources were
    synchronized.
      An error occurred synchronizing /PtolemyII: Unknown response received fro
    cvs server:
        Unknown response received from cvs server:

    I then switched to Cygwin to do cvs update. I got another error message.
    hyzheng at DOPLAP10 /cygdrive/c/hyzheng/ptII/adm
    $ cvs update
    Password:
    rksh: cvs:  not found
    cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
    any)

    Haiyang