[kepler-dev] [Ptolemy] Ptolemy CVS Repository moving

Haiyang Zheng hyzheng at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 26 17:10:15 PDT 2005

> For Eclipse, try using extssh, not ext
>
> I think ext is ssh v1.  source.eecs does not do ssh v1 because ssh v1
> is less secure than v2.  The eclipse instructions in
> doc/coding/eclipse.htm say to use extssh.

extssh does not work either. The same error message appears.

> The confusing thing is that I think "extssh" is an Eclipse extension
> that means use an external version of ssh.  "extssh" will not work
> with the regular cygwin version of cvs though.
> In Eclipse, "ext" means use the internal Eclipse ssh v1
> implementation.

I used to configure the CVS repositories to use extssh connection type. The
problem is that extssh is not supported under Cygwin. Therefore, I can not
do cvs update if the project is checked out using extssh. I prefer using ext
so that I can use either Cygwin, or Eclipse, or TortoiseCVS to manage the
same file system.

The solution I found is to configure the connection type as ext but in
windows->preferences->Team->CVS->Ext Connection Method, choosing extssh as
the connection type.

> There could be other problems with your account in source.eecs.
> Try running
>    ssh source.eecs.berkeley.edu cvs -v

Here is what I got:
hyzheng at DOPLAP10 /cygdrive/c/hyzheng
$ ssh source.eecs.berkeley.edu cvs -v
Password:
rksh: cvs:  not found

After I login in source.eecs.berkeley.edu, I got:
hyzheng at DOPLAP10 /cygdrive/c/hyzheng
$ ssh source.eecs.berkeley.edu
Password:
Last login: Tue Jul 26 16:56:40 2005 from dhcp-171-35.eec
$ cvs -v

Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.20 (client/server)

Senior active maintainers include Larry Jones, Derek R. Price,
and Mark D. Baushke.  Please see the AUTHORS and README files from the CVS
distribution kit for a complete list of contributors and copyrights.

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS
$