[kepler-dev] Ptolemy CVS Repository moving

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 25 17:30:22 PDT 2005

I'm moving the ptII cvs repository to a new machine.

I'll start the move at 5:30 PDT.

If you have read/write access, the new CVSROOT value is
  :ext:source.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs

If you have read only access, then I've set up a new
cvs read only account called "anon" that does not require a password.

I think the old ptdevel password will continue to work, I'll check
after the move.

The canonical instructions for read only access is:
  cd c:/directoryofyourchoice
  cvs -d :pserver:anon at source.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/cvsanon login
  # No password needed, hit enter
  cvs -d :pserver:anon at source.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/cvsanon co ptII

There is no need to check out a new tree, you can update the value
of the CVS/Root files with the little script below.

--start--
#!/bin/sh

echo "Running find, this could take a minute"
cvsRootFiles=/tmp/ptcvsfix.$$
/usr/bin/find . -xdev -name Root -print > $cvsRootFiles

# Create a script
cvsRootScript=/tmp/ptcvsfix$$.sh
cat <<EOF > $cvsRootScript
#!/bin/sh
for file in \$@
do
	echo \$file
	sed 's/gigasource/source/g' \$file > ptcvsfix.tmp
	mv ptcvsfix.tmp \$file
done
EOF

chmod a+x $cvsRootScript
cat $cvsRootFiles | xargs $cvsRootScript

rm -f $cvsRootFiles $cvsRootScript
--end--

1. Place the above in a file, for example ptfixcvs
2. Run:
     chmod a+x ptfixcvs
3. Run:
     ./ptfixcvs