[kepler-dev] Problems with reformatting workflows

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jul 25 11:04:10 PDT 2005

Hi All,

    I just started having problems with some R workflows that has
previously worked OK. I traced the problem to a simple change in the
formatting of the moml file! It turns out that the eml2 DataSource has a
property called 'schemaDef', the value of which is a long expression
containing many xml entities like > or " Originally the property
was all on one line, 1005 characters long. Somewhere along the way, the
moml got reformatted and a line feed was inserted after 512 characters.
Unfortunately, this line feed appeared in the middle of a '&quote;'
entity so that '&q' ended one line and 'uote;' started the next line.
The XML parser in PTII cannot handle such cases and thus throws an error!

    So this is just a warning that we have to be a bit careful about
arbitrarily reformatting moml docs. In some cases this will 'break' a
working model! (and maybe we need to figure out how to avoid such long
property values?)

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127