[kepler-dev] Upgrade in NCEAS Ecogrid is done

Jing Tao tao at mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 18 12:04:45 PDT 2005

Hi, everyone:

New upgrade of metacat is done in ecogrid of NCEAS. The performance is
much better now.

Just now I tried a search "hydro" only in metacat source (without digir
and geon), it took only about 10 seconds. It used to take more than 4 minutes.

I also tried a search "hydro" in all sources(metacat, dirgir and genon),
it took about 20 seconds to get back.

All the above testing is done by without cache.

Sorry for taking so long to upgrade. The reason is the upgrade in db took
a long time.

Thanks.

Jing

Jing Tao