[kepler-dev] Hello

Jing Tao tao at mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:53:31 PDT 2005

Hi, Zhijie:

Here is my thought base on the yesterday discussion.

1) I will implement a backend authentication service (with cerficate and
LDAP) which use Gama standard web service interface.

2) We need develop a AuthenticationManager(or some another name) which is
the client of Gama service and provide an API for kepler code to access
Gama service. The API maybe will look like:

String getProxy(String userDNName, String password);
void   destoryProxy(String userDNName, String password);
String renewPoxy(String userDNName, String password);

I am not sure if we need user management API here( creatUser, deleteUser).

3) You may implement a login GUI which will call the AuthenticationManager
API to get user proxy.

This is very rough thought, any comment will be appreciated.

Jing

Jing Tao
National Center for Ecological
Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS)