[kepler-dev] breaking off a kepler-docs repository

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 4 10:30:29 PDT 2005

Hi all,

As I sit here checking out kepler (again), waiting forever for the docs
directory to finish, it occured to me that it might be ok to have a
different cvs repository for kepler docs.  there's no reason why a
developer should have to checkout out a myriad of .doc and .ppt files
everytime you need a new version of kepler.  It seems to me that docs
that actually go with the kepler software should stay in the kepler
repository, but publications, reports and the like could be stashed
somewhere else.  Anyone have any reasons why this would be a bad idea?

thanks,
chad