[kepler-dev] WindowProperties problem on Mac & freezing on Windows

xiaowen xin2 at llnl.gov
Tue Sep 28 16:14:13 PDT 2004

Hi All,

Running a workflow on Mac OS X 10.3.5 with Java 1.4.2_05, I sometimes
get the following error:

ptolemy.actor.TypeConflictException: Type conflicts occurred in .PIW on
the following inequalities:
   (TypeConstant, {bounds = {int}, maximized = boolean}) <=
(ptolemy.actor.gui.WindowPropertiesAttribute {.PIW._windowProperties}
{bounds = {21, 47, 1912, 645}, maximized = false}, {bounds = {int},
maximized = boolean})

	at
ptolemy.actor.TypedCompositeActor.resolveTypes(TypedCompositeActor.java:
293)
	at ptolemy.actor.Manager.resolveTypes(Manager.java:801)
	at ptolemy.actor.Manager.preinitializeAndResolveTypes(Manager.java:710)
	at ptolemy.actor.Manager.initialize(Manager.java:439)
	at ptolemy.actor.Manager.execute(Manager.java:289)
	at ptolemy.actor.Manager.run(Manager.java:852)
	at ptolemy.actor.Manager$2.run(Manager.java:901)

It's not always reproducible.  It happened to me twice today.  If I
click it away and try running it again, the problem disappears.  Has
anyone else seen this problem or know how to fix it?

On a completely different note, sometimes when I run this same workflow
on Windows with Java 1.4.2_05, using View -> Run Window, the workflow
finishes but seems to freeze at the end.  The windows stop redrawing
themselves and I must forcefully kill Java to get the workflow back.
This seems to happen when I use the run window.  If I just click the
red triangle to run the workflow, it doesn't freeze.  Does anyone have
an idea what might cause this?

Thanks,
Xiaowen