[kepler-dev] Usage of LineWriter

Edward A Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 27 19:22:31 PDT 2004

The intent of the design of this actor is that it write
to the file the entire sequence of inputs that it gets
during an execution of the model.  If it overwrites a previous
file, it does not overwrite on each firing, but only once,
when it first starts writing...  I don't see any mechanism
in the design that would make the behavior domain dependent,
so I'm not sure what the bug could be there...

The actor could be adapted easily to overwrite on each
firing, but why would you want to do this?  If you are using
the actor to achieve "under the table" communication between
actors, then there is real risk of unexpected nondeterminacy.

That said, you could accomplish this effect by putting the
actor inside a RunCompositeActor composite...

Edward