[kepler-dev] Building a specialized composite actor

Ilkay Altintas altintas at sdsc.edu
Wed Oct 13 09:41:35 PDT 2004

Hi,

For our EOL (Encyclopedia of Life) project, Werner and I
have been thinking of building specific type of composite
actor that will have some dummy actors. These dummy actors
will each have a set of parameters and the values of these
parameters will be reflected in the sub-workflow description.

The (sub-)workflow in this special composite actor would be
used in two ways:

1. To convert it into a sepecial workflow description and
send out the MoML-like description to be submitted to another
workflow engine.

2. To directly convert this sub-workflow into an XML description
of a workflow and then submit it to another workflow engine.

I was wondering if you have any suggestions on how this actor
can be built for each scenario? It will probably be similar
to RunCompositeActor in PtolemyII.

Thanks in advance,
Ilkay