[kepler-dev] Re: [SDM-SPA] javadoc, junit, installer for Windows

Xiaowen Xin xin2 at llnl.gov
Wed Mar 31 08:09:26 PST 2004

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the information!

I will definitely look into Java Web Start.

Could you please give me the URL for the free version of
InstallAnywhere?  I have looked and not found a free version other than
an evaluation version, that includes this notice:

Please note: Projects designed with trial versions of InstallAnywhere do
not expire and can be used with licensed versions. However, Installers
built with a trial version of InstallAnywhere will time out after three
days and must be rebuilt at that time.

Must we also get the Mac OS X version of InstallAnywhere in order to
build a OS X version of the installer?

>From Apple's website at:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Java/Conceptual/Java141Development/Deployment_Options/chapter_4_section_3.html

it looks like Mac OS X Application Bundles may also be a good
alternative.

It can be created from the command line or an ant build file (ant is the
build tool used by Kepler & SPA).  The advantage of this is it feels
just like a native Mac OS X Application.  What do you think?

Xiaowen