[kepler-dev] More on packaging / organizing Kepler

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 24 09:35:38 PST 2004

hey shawn,

In general I think the plugin architecture is good.  I'm unclear though
on which parts of kepler (currently) you think should be made into
plugins for ptolemy.  Right now we basically just have a bunch of actors
and a coouple of small gui extensions, i.e. nothing I would consider
worthy of a plugin architecture.  I'm sure we can find a use for this in
the future though, like for the ecogrid query/read/write stuff.  The
ptolemy arch is already pretty accomodationg to adding new features and
has many layers of abstraction to accomodate overriding classes.  Is
there a specific part of ptolemy/kepler that you would like to be able
to plug components into?

chad