[kepler-dev] Re: [SDM-SPA] RFC new directory structure

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 18 08:59:05 PST 2004

I don't really like the idea of chopping kepler up into smaller pieces
for releases.  I can see doing this if there is some gigantic jar file
that's used for only one pipeline or something like that, but in
general, I would like to see Kepler packaged and distributed as one
product.  I think we run the risk of having a "seek kepler" and a "spa
kepler" and a whatever else kepler which is exactly what we were trying
to avoid with the collaboration in the first place.  So unless there is
a really good reason for doing so, I would like to propose there there
only be one version of kepler per release and that it includes everyones
contributions whether they are relevant to everyone who might use kepler
or not.

chad