[kepler-dev] jar file locations

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:23:29 PST 2004

Hi All,
    I have been looking into ways to simplify the Kepler structure in
CVS (and for distribution). One of the current complexities is the large
number (~90) of jar files under the $KEPLER/lib/jar/ subdirectory.

    One problem is the number of subdirectories under the
$KEPLER/lib/jar/ subdirectory that just contain jar files. This
additional subdirectory structure creates the possibility of jars with
the same names.

Is there anyone who knows of a problem that will occur if we just
'flatten' the subdirectorys and put ALL the jar files directly in the
$KEPLER/lib/jar/ subdirectory?

This seems to work OK (if I just use the newest version of some of the
repeated jars), but I don't want to break anyone's actors by mistake.

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-892-2531
735 State Street - Room 205