[kepler-dev] right-click on Mac

Stephen Andrew Neuendorffer neuendor at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 28 09:04:25 PDT 2004

If you are interested in experimenting, the code is in
ptolemy/vergil/actor/ActorEditorGraphController.java:
I think the command key is open-apple???

         // Create listeners that creates new relations.
         _relationCreator = new RelationCreator();
         if (UIManager.getLookAndFeel().getName().startsWith("MacOS")) {
             // On the Mac, do not override Control-Click, which is
             // used to bring up the context menu
             _relationCreator.setMouseFilter(_metaFilter);
         } else {
             _relationCreator.setMouseFilter(_controlFilter);
         }

         pane.getBackgroundEventLayer().addInteractor(_relationCreator);
         // Note that shift-click is already bound to the dragSelection
         // interactor when adding things to a selection.

         // Create the interactor that drags new edges.
         _linkCreator = new LinkCreator();
         if (UIManager.getLookAndFeel().getName().startsWith("MacOS")) {
             // On the Mac, do not override Control-Click, which is
             // used to bring up the context menu
             _linkCreator.setMouseFilter(_metaFilter);
         } else {
             _linkCreator.setMouseFilter(_controlFilter);
         }

     /** The filter for meta-click operations.  Under Mac OS X,
      *  the command key is the meta key, or keycode 0x2318
      *  For details, see the Apple java archive
      *  http://lists.apple.com/archives/java-dev
      *  User: archives, passwd: archives
      */
     private MouseFilter _metaFilter = new MouseFilter(
             InputEvent.BUTTON1_MASK,
             InputEvent.META_MASK);