eml-spatialRaster

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 28 11:18:43 PST 2005

Hi Laura,

I'm not an expert in this area of EML, but here's my understanding...

The spatialReference field (/eml/dataset/spatialRaster/spatialReference)
contains the projection information.  You can provide it by either
choosing one of the pre-defined projections that are listed in the
eml-spatialReferenceDictionary.xml and listing its name in
horizCoordSysName (see
http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/software/eml/eml-2.0.1/eml-spatialReference.html#horizCoordSysName),
or define a new coordinate system by filling in the information in
horizCoordSysDef (see
http://knb.ecoinformatics.org/software/eml/eml-2.0.1/eml-spatialReference.html#horizCoordSysDef).

As I said, I do not know this stuff well.  Others on eml-dev may be able
to give more concrete advice and corrections, so I am cc'ing the list to
see what we get back.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara