eml-project

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 17 08:34:51 PST 2003

Hi Dan,

Yes, these fields were moved.  The project 'studyAreaDescription' now
contains the coverage for the project, including spatial, taxonomic, and
temporal coverage.  It seems to me that we could have chosen a better
name for the element because the 'Area' is not all that is being
described, but I think the information should stay where it is.  From
the spec, the description of the field clearly includes all of the
coverage types:

"The studyAreaDescription field [...] can include descriptions of the
geographic, temporal, and taxonomic coverage of the research location [...]"

Matt