beta6 to eml2 conversion problem - taxonomic coverage

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 17 12:07:27 PST 2003

Dan,

During the process we decided that keywtax was simply too closely
aligned to the more general keyword structure in EML resource, so we
eliminated keywtax from the coverage model with the intention that the
taxonomic keywords be included under dataset/keywordSet/keyword with a
keywordType of 'taxonomic'.  Thus, the mapping is 1:1 to NBII, but is in
a different location.  By setting 'keywordType to taxonomic you flag it
for processors to translate it into the right place in NBII/FGDC.

Matt