[kepler-users] A question on Kepler startup - no improvements

Giaiotti Dario dario.giaiotti at arpa.fvg.it
Thu Nov 6 02:57:18 PST 2014

Dear Daniel,

the start up takes the most of the time at the same point.
Here below I report the last part of the stdout and that point is shown.

Many thanks for your help. I guess the best think is to follow your
suggestion, to  install the last version and then to continue the analysis.

With best regards,

Dario

[Loaded org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.StreamPumper from
file:/home/giaiottid/tmp/KEPLER/build-area/lib/ant.jar]
[Loaded
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ProcessDestroyer$ProcessDestroyerImpl from
file:/home/giaiottid/tmp/KEPLER/build-area/lib/ant.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks from
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks$1 from
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.Shutdown from /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.lang.Shutdown$Lock from /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap from /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar]

   ==========>     Here it stops for the most of the time

      [null] Building Kars...
      [null] Ran additional initialization for module core from class
org.kepler.module.core.Initialize
      [null] Ran additional initialization for module gui from class
org.kepler.module.gui.Initialize
      [null] Kepler Initializing...
      [null] INFO
(org.kepler.objectmanager.library.LibraryManager:buildLibrary:338)
Building Library...
      [null] INFO
(org.kepler.objectmanager.cache.LocalRepositoryManager:scanReposForKarFiles:246)
Scanning Local Repositories for KAR files...
      [null] INFO
(org.kepler.kar.KARCacheManager:synchronizeKARCacheWithLocalRepositories:374)
The Cache is in sync with KAR files in Local Repositories.
      [null] version = 2.2
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeySet from
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator from
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar]
[Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeyIterator from
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar]

=============================
         END   at: 2014-11-06 10:51:44 UTC

         Total elapsed time: 218 seconds

Dario B. Giaiotti

ARPA FVG - CRMA
Centro Regionale di Modellistica Ambientale
Via Cairoli, 14
I-33057 Palmanova (UD)
ITALY
Room I/20/U
Tel +39 0432 191 8048
Fax:+39 0432 191 8120
Certified e-mail - PEC arpa at certregione.fvg.it
e-mail dario.giaiotti at arpa.fvg.it
------------------------------------

On 11/04/2014 06:41 PM, Daniel Crawl wrote:

> Hi Dario,
>
> Where does the delay now occur during start up? In your previous output,
> the delay was when Kepler checks for patches.
>
> It's not possible to leave Kepler running in the background as a common
> resource and have users connect to the interface.
>
> I recommend upgrading to Kepler 2.4 since there have been a lot of bug
> fixes since 2.2. Additionally, you could try the svn version of Kepler,
> which shows a progress bar during start up.
>
> Kepler 2.4 can be downloaded from:
>
> https://kepler-project.org/users/download
>
> Instructions for getting Kepler from svn:
>
> https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/systems/build-system/extension-build-system/
>

> --dan

AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA Informazioni riservate possono essere contenute nel messaggio o nei suoi allegati. Se non siete i destinatari indicati nel messaggio, o responsabili per la sua consegna alla persona, o se avete ricevuto il messaggio per errore, siete pregati di non trascriverlo, copiarlo o inviarlo a nessuno. In tal caso vi invitiamo a cancellare il messaggio ed i suoi allegati. Grazie. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE Confidential information may be contained in this message or in its attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or responsible for message delivering to that person, or if you have received this message in error, you may not transcribe, copy or deliver this message to anyone. In that case, you should delete this message and its attachments. Thank you.