[kepler-users] A question on Kepler startup - no improvements

Giaiotti Dario dario.giaiotti at arpa.fvg.it
Tue Nov 4 01:27:04 PST 2014

Dear Daniel,

I changed the updates search option as you suggested and I did it also
for the file:

common-2.2.0/resources/configurations/configuration.xml

which contains the same option, but there is no reduction of start-up
time. Total start up time is on average 200 seconds. That is the time
elapsed from the launch of the script to the moment the interface
appears to the user.

Concerning the best practice to use kepler in a many users computational
structure, is it possible to leave kepler running in background as a
common resource and the users call the interface?.

I guess kepler spends a lot of time in loading libraries, in particular
java/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar, so I think loaded libraries could be
shared among the users.

I attach the complete stdout captured during the start-up.

Many thanks for the support.

With best regards

Dario

Dario B. Giaiotti

ARPA FVG - CRMA
Centro Regionale di Modellistica Ambientale
Via Cairoli, 14
I-33057 Palmanova (UD)
ITALY
Room I/20/U
Tel +39 0432 191 8048
Fax:+39 0432 191 8120
Certified e-mail - PEC arpa at certregione.fvg.it
e-mail dario.giaiotti at arpa.fvg.it

On 11/03/2014 07:34 PM, Daniel Crawl wrote:
> Kepler checks for updates when it starts. You can turn this
> off by editing
> module-manager-2.2/resources/configurations/configuration.xml and setting:
>
> <check-for-patches>false</check-for-patches>
>
> If you still have the delay after changing this, let me know.
>
>    --dan
AVVISO DI RISERVATEZZA Informazioni riservate possono essere contenute nel messaggio o nei suoi allegati. Se non siete i destinatari indicati nel messaggio, o responsabili per la sua consegna alla persona, o se avete ricevuto il messaggio per errore, siete pregati di non trascriverlo, copiarlo o inviarlo a nessuno. In tal caso vi invitiamo a cancellare il messaggio ed i suoi allegati. Grazie. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE Confidential information may be contained in this message or in its attachments. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or responsible for message delivering to that person, or if you have received this message in error, you may not transcribe, copy or deliver this message to anyone. In that case, you should delete this message and its attachments. Thank you.