[kepler-users] using semi-structured data in tokens?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Mar 12 14:48:05 PDT 2014

Section 3.2.6 of the User Manual (Data Types) details the kinds of data
that can be put into a token.  Unfortunately, I don't see anything that
talks about semi-structured data in general, let alone specific ways of
serializing it (eg, JSON, YAML).

YAML is my preferred format for passing data between processes.  Each
message (ie, file, token) is a tree of polymorphic hashes (ie, maps,
dictionaries) and lists, with scalars as the leaf nodes.  Web-based
applications (eg, composable web services) might use JSON encoding,
but the data structures would be the same.

I'm sure that I could make this work in Kepler, if only by putting the
file path into a String token.  However, I wonder if I'm missing some
sort of Best Practice.  Help?

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm at cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation